The mission and purpose of the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is to foster development of a healthy economic community through the support and promotion of businesses, Chamber members and Skamania County, Washington as an exceptional place to visit, live, work and play.
2019 SKAMANIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
|City of Stevenson||Annie McHale|
|Skamania County||Tom Lannen|
|Port of Skamania County||Todd Kingston|
|Stevenson-Carson School District||Karen Douglass|
|Wind River Business Association||Chris Malone|
|Stevenson Business Association||Tom Meade|
|Skamania Lodge||Kara Owen|
|Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort||Marfa Scheratski|
|McCaskell Construction||Kristy Arnett|
|Rock Cove Assisted Living||Elaine Jeffries|
|Current Communications||Johanna Roe|
|Mount Pleasant School District||Vicki Prendergast|
|Entertainer/Training Consultant||Bill Shelton|
|Invision Inc.||David Bennett|
|A & J Select Market||John Mobley|
|ProActive Pest Control||Chris Malone|
|Executive Director||Angie Waiss|
|Administrative Manager||Angel Knight|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Jessica Roberts|
General Directors are elected to the Board by the general membership to serve a three-year term. Ex-Officio Directors are appointed by their agency or organization and have voting rights.
Executive Committee members are elected at the beginning of each calendar year and serve one year.
Chamber Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in the Courthouse Annex meeting room.
Goals and Strategic Plan:
The Chamber Board of Directors holds an annual retreat and sets the goals for the next year. In 2017, the following items were identified as priorities:
- Promotion of Skamania County using Sasquatch as our brand.
- Visitor services including the seasonal satellite visitor center at Bridge of the Gods.
- Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance leadership.
- Trade show participation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Operating a retail center offering souvenirs, guide books, t-shirts, maps, etc.
- Event coordination.
- Creation of a current, visitor-friendly website.
- Serving as the destination marketing organization for all of Skamania County.
JOB OPENING, April, 2019:
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for two part-time seasonal positions at our visitor center locations. Applicants must be available to work weekends and holidays from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Wage rate will be $13 per hour. Position requires ability to multi-task, strong knowledge of Skamania County and Gorge region, ability to work independently and extreme reliability. Responsibilities include front desk duties, providing visitor information, selling maps and passes, etc. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (receiving resumes electronically only). Deadline: Friday, April 19. The full job description is posted below:
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce Seasonal Visitor Information Staff
FRONT DESK/VISITOR SERVICES:
- Provides excellent customer service
- Receptionist for all walk-in visitors and telephone calls
- Provides tourist/visitor information to all visitors
- Must have knowledge of Skamania County, Columbia River Gorge, Mount St. Helens and Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
- Must be able to provide directions, make recreation or activity suggestions, check availability at local lodging properties and campgrounds, make reservations, promote local events, etc.
- Utilizes Chamber website and other websites to provide current information.
- Research information using web, guidebooks, maps, etc.
RETAIL SALES / CLERICAL / OTHER DUTIES:
- Track statistics for telephone calls, e-mails, mailings, visitor counts, business referrals, etc.
- Sell items such as maps, passes, postcards and books
- Re-stock brochures and guides as needed
- Works under the supervision of the Administrative Manager.
- Computer skills including web research, e-mail composition and etiquette, data entry.
- Cash handling experience including register input and credit card processing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good spelling and basic math abilities.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- 18 years or older.
Hourly rate of pay $13.00 per hour. No benefits.
Work schedule: Weekends and holidays from Memorial Day through Labor Day and other days as requested by Chamber Director.