The mission and purpose of the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is to foster development of a healthy economic community through the support and promotion of businesses, Chamber members and Skamania County, Washington as an exceptional place to visit, live, work and play.
2018 SKAMANIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
|City of Stevenson||Leana Kinley|
|Skamania County||Tom Lannen|
|Port of Skamania County||Todd Kingston|
|Stevenson-Carson School District||Karen Douglass|
|Wind River Business Association||Chris Malone|
|Stevenson Business Association||Tom Meade|
|Skamania Lodge||Kara Owen|
|Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort||Marfa Scheratski|
|McCaskell Construction||Kristy Arnett|
|Rock Cove Assisted Living||Elaine Jeffries|
|Current Communications||Johanna Roe|
|Mount Pleasant School District||Vicki Prendergast|
|Entertainer/Training Consultant||Bill Shelton|
|Invision Inc.||David Bennett|
|A & J Select Market||John Mobley|
|ProActive Pest Control||Chris Malone|
|Executive Director||Casey Roeder|
|Administrative Manager||Angie Waiss|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Theresa Lusty|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Denise Melton|
General Directors are elected to the Board by the general membership to serve a three-year term. Ex-Officio Directors are appointed by their agency or organization and have voting rights.
Executive Committee members are elected at the beginning of each calendar year and serve one year.
Chamber Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in the Courthouse Annex meeting room.
Goals and Strategic Plan:
The Chamber Board of Directors holds an annual retreat and sets the goals for the next year. In 2017, the following items were identified as priorities:
- Promotion of Skamania County using Sasquatch as our brand.
- Visitor services including the seasonal satellite visitor center at Bridge of the Gods.
- Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance leadership.
- Trade show participation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Operating a retail center offering souvenirs, guide books, t-shirts, maps, etc.
- Event coordination.
- Creation of a current, visitor-friendly website.
- Serving as the destination marketing organization for all of Skamania County.
JOB OPENING, October 5, 2018:
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for an Administrative Manager position. 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday (with some evenings and weekends), competitive salary (hourly wage rate $15-17 dependent on experience) and benefit package. A minimum of three years office experience is preferred. Position requires ability to multi-task, strong knowledge of Skamania County and Columbia River Gorge region, ability to work independently and extreme reliability. Applicant should be proficient in MS Word, Publisher, Quick Books, Outlook, WordPress with preference given to individual with website design/maintenance skills. Responsibilities include front desk duties, providing visitor information, bookkeeping, public relations, membership management, event promotion and organization, etc. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (receiving resumes electronically only). Deadline: Monday, October 22, 2018. The full job description is posted below:
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce Administrative Manager
- Works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- FRONT DESK/VISITOR SERVICES:
- First response for all incoming calls and 12,000 visitors annually.
- Generates monthly statistics of calls, e-mails, visitors, mailings, etc.
- Provides qualified tourist/visitor information to all visitors.
- Must have strong knowledge of Skamania County and Columbia River Gorge region.
- Must be able to provide directions, suggestions, make reservations, etc.
- Responsible for order and restocking of over 250 brochures/guides.
- STAFF SUPERVISOR:
- Supervises part-time summer staff.
- REPORTS AND BOOKKEEPING:
- Assist the Director in creating all monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Receives and pays all incoming bills and keeps financial records (QuickBooks).
- Responsible for staff payroll and ensuring quarterly/annual taxes are filed.
- Responsible for check reconciliation and fund balances.
- Reconcile all accounts including petty cash and cash register.
- Invoice for membership dues, photocopier use, bulk mailing and event fees.
- OFFICE MANAGER;
- Composes outgoing correspondence/responds to e-mail inquiries.
- Orders supplies and maintains office inventory.
- Maintains all Chamber files and records.
- Maintains office machines.
- Maintains Chamber membership database in WebLink software.
- Assist with preparation of grant applications.
- Reads and distributes mail.
- CHAMBER/SECRETARY TO THE BOARD:
- Attends Chamber meetings, records minutes, types and distributes.
- Assist members with benefit use (bulk mail, copies, website, etc.)
- Promotes growth of Chamber through membership.
- Member services including updating member information on website, print materials and email lists.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Prepares story ideas for public relations contact.
- Composes, types and distributes the monthly newsletter.
- Composes, types and distributes weekly e-mail newsletter.
- Assists with festival administration, organization and completion.
- Coordinates and distributes visitor, student and relocation information.
- Generates brochures such as calendar of events, updates dining, lodging and seasonal brochures.
- Maintains and updates Chamber website, including calendar of events.
- Assist with SBA contract deliverables including map updates, newsletters, accounts receivable and accounts payable, seasonal electronic newsletter.
- Must be able to list 50 pounds or more.
- Must be available evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility and duties of the Director in her absence.